This annual Fall gathering is two full days of bookseller education, networking, author events, and awards ceremonies. The publisher display tables are a highlight with their fall and winter picks of the lists. Reps are there to help you sell books using winning marketing tips, author appearances, and promotional products. The Bookseller Sales Conference is FREE to NAIBA members.
The NAIBA Fall Conference is the time to reinforce the potential of specific titles. Publishers will be selecting and focusing on a few picks and will:
- Create events with theme ideas and targeted audiences.
- Demonstrate merchandise & display ideas.
- Provide lists of midlist authors who live in the region with publicity contacts, book title/subject, and ideas on event ideas.
- Show display ideas featuring NAIBA Holiday Catalog titles.
- Give out Pick of the Lists handouts that include text for newsletter reviews, shelf talkers, display ideas, reviews, author interviews, list of previous works by author.
- Use this opportunity to introduce the best from new imprints.
- Set up a themed bookstore display with their titles and merchandise.
- Create marketing sheets to promote books for different genres or customers.
- Use this opportunity to remind booksellers of all the support material available within the company and on their website.
For more information, please contact: Eileen Dengler, NAIBA Executive Director 516-333-0681
About last year's conference
The 2012 NAIBA conference was packed with workshops, author signings and networking opportunities. Visit our Facebook albums below to see some photos.